BCP Pairing Sessions: #17: Fall Edition – Team Bisque
BCP Pairing Session: #17: Fall Edition – Team Bisque
Cigar: Dominican Maduros from the Deep
Eats: Lobster Bisque
Why It Works: If anyone gives you any lip over this pairing, raise your glass, swirl it around, and tell them to take note of the subtle hints of Go To Hell that can be observed permeating the surface. We’re going for class with this one.
Recommended Dominican Maduros from the Deep:
W: Connecticut broadleaf
B: Ecuadorian Connecticut
W: Nicaraguan Maduro
Lobster Bisque Recipe:
4 Lobster tails
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup parsley
2 Cans of Petite Tomatoes (14.5 oz)
1 teaspoon Dill (dried)
1 Carton Chicken Broth (32 oz)
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 tablespoon Old Bay
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
1 pint Heavy Cream
- In a skillet, sauté the minced shallots and garlic until shallots become translucent.
- Add the shallots and garlic mixture to a crock pot with the tomatoes, chicken broth, dill, parsley, old bay, pepper and paprika.
- Remove the fan from the tail of the lobster and add the lobster tails to the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove lobster tails and puree the soup mixture in a blender.
- Return lobster and soup mixture to crock pot and cook for an additional 45 minutes.
- Remove lobster tails and let them cool.
- Add cream to soup and stir while lobster cools.
- Remove the lobsters from their shells and chop lobster into chunks.
- Return lobster to soup and serve.
Kick it up a Notch: There’s a lot of goodness here and odds are you’ll have a lot of goodness leftover. How do you feel about Lobster Bisque Mac and Cheese?