BCP Pairing Sessions #2: Summer Edition – Tastes like Chicken
BCP Pairing Sessions: #2: Summer Edition – Tastes like Chicken
Beverage: Blonde Ales
Cigar: Medium Bodied Habanos
Vittles: Grilled Chicken Marinate
Why It Works: When pairing with chicken, it’s all about working with the spices. A lighter Blonde Ale will leave itself open for embracing the bird’s flavoring without trying to overpower it. The smooth medium bodied blends of the Flor D’Crossier, E.P. Carrillo Inch and Pura Soul cigars provide the perfect compliment to this pairing, with just enough spice to make it interesting.
Recommended Medium Bodied Habanos:
W: Ecuadorian Habano
B: Costa Rican Sumatra
F: Costa Rican, Dominican
W: Ecuador Sumatra or Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro
F: Piloto Cubano, Corojo, and Criollo ’98
W: Nicaraguan Habano
Grilled Chicken Marinate Recipe:
12~ pieces of chicken
1/2 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons onions, chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 1/2 cups beer
zip top bags
- Pour olive oil into a small bowl.
- Create the marinade by adding salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic, onions and parsley to olive oil bowl. Mix well before slowly adding beer.
- Combine the marinade with the chicken in a zip top bag. Seal and shake to ensure chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Place bag flat on sheet pan and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour, alternating sides periodically to ensure coating. The longer you leave it to marinate the better.
- Grill chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Kick it up a notch: Set aside some olive oil and garlic to baste on some fresh cut asparagus. Wrap it in tin foil and grill it with the chicken till it’s tender. Unwrap and impress.