Corojo Craze – Top 5 Corojo stogies
Corojo tobacco offers a rich and spicy flavor and aroma to cigars. Corojo wrappers are extremely oily and are typically a
dark reddish brown color. Many Corojo wrappers lend a full-bodied flavor with hints of pepper, earth, cedar, and cocoa. Corojo smokes have a spicy quality and peppery smoothness that is not for the faint of heart. Corojo wrappers are what originally gave Cuban cigars their famous “punch.”
Corojo tobacco originated in Cuba but is now grown in other regions, primarily the Jamastran Valley region of Honduras. Corojo stogies are extremely popular among many cigar aficionados.
Here are a few of our favorite full-flavored Corojo smokes:
1. Camacho Corojo: Known as the “World’s Only Authentic Corojo Cigar,” this full-bodied cigar is made from 100% Jamastran Corojo and was rated 94 points by Cigar Aficionado.
2. Gran Habano #5 Corojo: This full-flavored cigar is held together by a flawless red Nicaraguan Corojo wrapper. A perfect full-bodied smoke for the experienced cigar smoker.
3. C & C Corojo: This medium-bodied blend featuring an Ecuadorian wrapper captures the taste and aroma of a classic Cuban cigar. It was awarded 90 points by Cigar Insider.
4. Punch Rare Corojo: This medium-bodied cigar is well-rounded with a rich finish. It was awarded 92 points by Cigar Aficionado.
5. Revolucion Corojo: This spicy and rich medium-full bodied Corojo stogie is made by Perdomo. This smoke delivers an even burn, smooth finish and an extra dose of savory flavor, all at an affordable price.
What is your favorite Corojo cigar?