Best Cigar Prices Discusses H.R. 1639 and S. 1461
Drums, PA– May 17, 2012 – H.R. 1639 and S. 1461 are an effort to protect the cigar industry from unfair and unwarranted regulation by the US Food and Drug Administration. Both H.R. 1639 and S. 1461 reiterate the points that the cigar industry provides thousands of jobs in the United States, does not market to minors, and that cigar smoking is a non-addictive pastime enjoyed by adults. The Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act works to keep premium cigars out of the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act.
Stricter regulations on premium cigars would mean the following:
- Ban on mail order cigar sales
- Ban on walk-in humidors
- Ban on cigar events where free cigars would be available to legal-age adults
- Limits on special release and small-batch cigars due to mandates that cigar blends be submitted to the FDA for pre-approval
- Limits on nicotine levels in cigars to near zero, severely impacting the flavor of cigars
- Higher taxes on cigars
The Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act has garnered support from many members of Congress and Senate as well as the cigar community, including the following recent advancements:
- U.S. Representative Fred Upton, R-Michigan and the Chairman of the House Energy & Commerce Committee, became a co-sponsor of H.R. 1639
- U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham, R-South Carolina, an important member of Senate with seats on the Appropriations, Budget, Armed Services and Judiciary Committees, is now a co-sponsor of S. 1461
- The petition that was submitted to the White House reached 25k signatures in just over a week
While great strides are being made in the fight against FDA regulation of premium cigars, Best Cigar Prices’ encourages all cigar enthusiasts to voice their opinion by doing the following:
- Contact your state’s members of the House of Representatives and Senate and express your disapproval of the FDA regulating cigars
- Ask your state’s representatives to support and sponsor H.R. 1639 or S. 1461.
To learn more about Best Cigar Prices or to order cigars online please visit https://www.bestcigarprices.com/.
About Best Cigar Prices:
Best Cigar Prices, a leading online cigar distributor, carries, sells, and promotes all major brands of premium cigars, from the world’s bestselling brands to hard-to-find boutique lines Arturo Fuente cigars, CAO cigars, Acid cigars, and cigar accessories such as cigar cutters, cigar humidors, cigar ashtrays and cigar lighters.
Best Cigar Prices