Last updated November 23, 2021
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Through your use of our Services, we collect personal information from you directly and automatically as outlined below.
A. Information Collected From You
We collect personal information from you when you:
- Apply for employment: When you apply for employment, we will collect your identifiers (name, email address, physical address, telephone number) and your professional or employment information (resume, cover letter, employment history, educational history). We use this personal information to assess and manage your application to communicate with you, and as necessary to comply with the law. For more information, please see our Applicant Notice.
- Contact us: When you contact us or chat with us through the chat function on our website, we collect from you your identifiers (name, telephone number, email address) and any other information you choose to include in your correspondence. We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries, troubleshoot where necessary, and address any issues you may have.
- Create an account: To create an account, we collect from you your identifiers (name, date of birth, email address) and your selected password. We use this personal information to verify your age as required by applicable law to sell you tobacco products, create and manage your account, enroll you into the rewards program, and to provide access to certain features of our Website. If you elect to, we will also use this personal information to send you exclusive deals and promotions we feel may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in each email.
- Make a purchase: When you make a purchase, we will collect from you your identifiers (name, email address, physical address) and payment information (payment card number, expiration date, and CVV). We use this personal information to process your purchase and to manage and fulfill your purchase. If you checkout as a guest, we will also collect from you your date of birth as required by applicable law to sell you tobacco products. We will also use your e-mail address to send you emails regarding order confirmations, your payment for those products, and the shipping of the products. When you make a purchase, we also collect and maintain commercial information about you, such as products purchased, obtained, or considered, and purchasing and consuming tendencies.
- Make a return: To make a return, we collect from you your identifiers (name, email address, telephone number, and shipping address). We use this personal information to manage your return and refund.
- Request a catalog: If you request a catalog, we will collect from you your identifiers (name, physical address, email address) to fulfill your request and mail the catalog to you. If you elect to, we will also use this personal information to send you exclusive deals and promotions we feel may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in each email.
- Start a purchase: If you leave unpurchased items in your cart, we will also use your identifiers (email address) to send you reminder emails about the item(s) in your cart. We also utilize a provider that has the capability to server reminder emails to consumers who did not finish typing their email address via predictive cookies. If you do not complete your purchase, we will also use this personal information to send you abandoned cart emails.
- Subscribe to Best Cigar deals: If you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect from you your email address to fulfill your request to receive deals from us. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in each email.
- Visit Best Cigar Pub: If you visit our Best Cigar Pub, your visual information will be captured by our CCTV footage. We use this personal information to ensure the safety and security of our guests and Best Cigar. To enter our Best Cigar Pub, we will scan your identifiers (government issued identification) to confirm you are twenty-one (21) or older in compliance with applicable law.
BestCigarPrices.com may also use the personal information collected for the above purposes to comply with the law and for other limited circumstances as described in INFORMATION SHARING.
B. Information Collected From Third-Party Sources
We collect personal information from the following third-party sources:
- In order to adhere to FDA regulations and for the safety of our customers we do not sell to anyone under the age of twenty-one (21). We use a third-party provider to verify that you are twenty-one (21) and over. In doing so, we receive confirmation of the identifiers (name, date of birth) you have provided to us.
- We use a third-party vendor to verify the legitimacy of purchases and for retail fraud investigative purposes. In doing so, we may receive your identifiers (name, physical address, date of birth) and >em>protected classifications (criminal history) to facilitate the verification and/or investigation.
- We purchase marketing leads that contain identifiers (email address or physical address) to send you marketing communications we feel may be of interest to you.
C. Information Collected From Cookies
In addition to the personal information you provide, we also collect information automatically via cookies as you use the Website. This information includes the following internet and other electronic network activity information:
- Usage information: We use necessary, functional, analytics, and advertising cookies to collect information about your interaction with the Website, such as your time of visit to the Website, pages visited, actions taken, how much time you spend on each page, and frequency of access. We use this personal information to: (i) conduct analytics to improve the Website; (ii) serve interest-based online advertising and measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns; (iii) enhance user experience; (iv) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; and (v) diagnose and repair errors.
- Location information: We use necessary, functional, analytics, and advertising cookies to collect information about your location, which may be determined by your IP address. We use this personal information to: (i) conduct analytics to improve the Website; (ii) serve interest-based online advertising and measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns; (iii) enhance user experience; (iv) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; and (v) diagnose and repair errors.
- Device information: We use necessary, functional, analytics, and advertising cookies to collect certain information about the device you use to access our Website, such as browser type, browser language, hardware model, operating system, and your preferences. We use this personal information to: (i) conduct analytics to improve the Website; (ii) serve interest-based online advertising and measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns; (iii) enhance user experience; (iv) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; and (v) diagnose and repair errors.
- Within Best Cigar: We share your personal information within Best Cigar in order to efficiently carry out and improve our business and to the extent permitted by law. We may also share your personal information with Best Cigar affiliates and subsidiaries for marketing purposes. To opt-out of sharing for marketing purposes, please visit Do Not Sell My Personal Information [click website footer “Do Not Sell My Personal Information”]
- With service providers: In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed your
- personal identifiers, payment information, and internet and other electronic network activity information to our service providers that assist us in providing our Services. These service providers include our IT support, payment processor, age verification vendor, fraud investigation vendor, rewards vendor, customer data platform, printing company, shipping provider, email vendor, customer support, and tax provider.
- With IT: In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed your internet and other electronic network activity information to our IT support to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, identify and repair Website errors, and to update, maintain, and improve the Website.
- For a sale:
Best Cigar uses certain analytics and advertising cookies on its Website. These cookies collect your internet and other electronic network activity information and share it with the data analytics and advertising partners that provide them. This use of your personal information may be considered a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act. To opt-out of these cookies, visit our cookie management platform.
Best Cigar shares your identifiers with its subsidiaries and affiliates for marketing purposes. You can opt-out of this sharing by visiting Do Not Sell My Personal Information [click website footer “Do Not Sell My Personal Information”].
If you are a consumer in the State of Nevada, you may request to opt-out of the current or future sale of your personal information. We do not currently sell any of your personal information under Nevada law, nor do we plan to do so in the future. However, you can submit a request to opt-out of future sales by contacting us at email@example.com. Please include “Opt-Out Request Under Nevada Law” in the subject line of your message.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants certain rights to California residents. If our processing of your personal information is subject to the CCPA, please see our California Privacy Rights page.
CORRECT OR VIEW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access your Best Cigar account to correct or view certain personal information of yours in our possession and which is associated with your account.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from Best Cigar by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email. Please note that Best Cigar will continue to send you emails necessary to the Services, your account, your purchase, or any assistance you request.
DO NOT TRACK
We do not support Do Not Track (DNT). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures, such as encryption and access controls, to protect the personal information we collect and maintain. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the information we have collected from you.
The Services are not intended for individuals under the age of twenty-one (21). If we learn we have collected or received personal information from an individual under twenty-one (21) years of age, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from an individual under twenty-one (21) years of age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.