The Colorado Privacy Act (“CPA”) and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act, (“VCDPA”) entitles Colorado residents and Virginia residents, respectively, to certain rights (subject to exceptions).
As either a resident of Colorado or Virginia you have certain rights with respect to the personal information that we collect and share. You have the right to make certain requests pertaining to your personal information. Best Cigar Prices will fulfill each request to the extent required by law.
If our processing of your personal information is subject to the CPA or VCDPA, you are entitled to the following:
1. Right to Access/Know. You have the right to request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you, unless doing so proves impossible or would involve disproportionate effort.
2. Right to Deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that we collect or maintain, subject to certain exceptions.
3. Right to Correct. You have the right to correct inaccurate personal information that we collect or maintain.
4. Right to Opt Out of Sale/Sharing. You have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information to third parties.
5. Right to data portability. You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal data you gave us from one organization to another or give it to you. However, you make exercise this right no more than two times per calendar year.
6. Right to appeal. You have the right to appeal an action taken (or not taken) by Best Cigar Prices in response to your request. To exercise your right to appeal, you may submit your appeal by
We expand on each of these requests below:
Right to Access. To the extent we can verify your residency and identity, we will provide you with:
The categories of personal information collected.
The specific pieces of personal information collected.
The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected.
The business or commercial purpose for which we collected or sold the personal information.
The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information.
The categories of personal information we sold, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to which it sold that particular category of personal information.
The categories of personal information we disclosed for a business purpose, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to whom it disclosed that particular category of personal information.
2. Right to Deletion. Once we receive a request to delete personal information we collected about you or shared with our service providers, we strive to comply with the request within 45 days of the date we received your request, if we need additional time to process your request (up to an additional 45 days), we will notify you. Once we verify your residency and identity, we will delete your personal information, unless a relevant exception under the CPA or VCDA applies. To comply with your request we may erase, deidentify, or aggregate your personal information. Please Note we are unable to delete your personal information if it is necessary for the transaction for which the personal information was collected or provide a good or service requested by you. Deletion of your personal information may also affect your ability to use our services (i.e. deletion of your account).
3. Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. Best Cigar Prices does Not have actual knowledge that it sells personal information of minors under the age of 16 years. Best Cigar Prices does Not share your personal information in exchange for money. However, we do share your personal information with third parties, which may constitute a “sale” under the CPA or VCDPA. To opt-out of the sale of your personal information, please visit Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
4. Right to Correct. You have the right to correct inaccurate personal information we maintain about you. You can exercise this right by accessing your account and correcting any information associated with your account or by any of the methods described below.
How To Exercise Your Rights?
To exercise your right to access or delete your personal information, please click Request My Personal Information at the bottom of this page or call 888-412-4427. To opt-out of the sale of your personal information, please visit Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
Due to the sensitive nature of your personal information, we want to ensure that we provide only you or your authorized agent with your personal information. We are required by law to verify the identity of each person who makes a request to know what personal information we may have about you or to delete the personal information we may have about you.
How We Verify Your Residency and Identity
The interactive webform contains all information we require to process your access, limit, correct or deletion request. For requests submitted via telephone, you must provide us with sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected the personal information and describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly evaluate and respond to it. If we are not able to verify your identity for access, limit, correct, or deletion requests with the information provided, we may ask you for additional pieces of information. We strive to verify your identity by: (i) using information that we already have on you; or (ii) leveraging existing Best Cigar Pricing accounts.
In the event we cannot verify your identity, we will Not be able to process your access or deletion request. We will Notify you if we are unable to verify your identity.
Submitting Requests Through an Authorized Agent
You may designate another person to act on your behalf with respect to CPA or VCDPA requests. If you designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf with regard to a CPA or VCDPA request, you must provide us with legal authorization indicating your consent to the authorized agent’s representation. Examples of acceptable forms of legal authorization include a Power of Attorney, a Notarized affidavit, or another legally executed document that indicates the authority to represent you as it pertains to your CPA or VCDPA requests. We may also require you to directly verify your own identity with us before we process your request.
For authorized agent requests submitted through our interactive webform, please send proof of your legal authorization through Request My Personal Information. If you submit a request over the phone, please submit your proof of legal authorization through email email@example.com or by fax 570-788-7198.