APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE
Last updated November 18, 2021
Thank you for your interest in Best Cigar Prices ("Best Cigar", "us", or "we"). This Applicant Privacy Notice describes
the personal information Best Cigar collects from you during the application process, how we use it, and with whom we
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
When you apply for a position at Best Cigar, we will collect or receive your personal information when you:
- Complete an application: When you complete an application, we collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, telephone number, physical address), and your professional or employment information (resume/CV, certifications, qualifications, employment history, educational history). We use this personal information to assess your application and suitability for the position for which you have applied or other open positions, to communicate with you, and to comply with the law. For equal employment and affirmative action purposes, you also have the option to provide us with your protected classifications (gender, race, veteran status, and disability status). We use this personal information solely for government reporting purposes and this information is not required to submit your application.
- Participate in an interview: If you participate in an on-site interview with Best Cigar, we will collect video of you captured through our CCTV footage to ensure the security of Best Cigar personnel and property.
- Provide references: When you provide references with your application, we will receive from your references your professional or employment information (resume/CV, certifications, qualifications, employment history, educational history) and inferences drawn from your references, such as their thoughts on your behavior, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. We use this personal information to assess the suitability for the position for which you have applied.
After assessing your application, Best Cigar may extend a conditional offer of employment. For the purposes of doing so, we will collect or receive your personal information when you:
- Complete a background check: Subject to legal requirements, Best Cigar may use a third-party provider to conduct a background check on you. In doing so, Best Cigar will receive your personal identifiers (name, physical address, telephone number, and Social Security number) and professional or employment information (employment history and educational history) from our provider. We use this personal information to assess your application and suitability for the position for which you have applied and to comply with legal requirements.
- Complete a drug-screening: Subject to legal requirements, Best Cigar may use a third-party provider to conduct drug-screening. In doing so, Best Cigar will receive your personal identifiers (name) and your medical information (drug-test results) from our provider. We use this personal information to assess your application and suitability for the position for which you have applied and to comply with legal requirements.
- Complete employment eligibility forms: To verify your identity and employment authorization, we will collect your personal identifiers (date of birth, Social Security number) and the supporting documentation you choose to provide. Based on the documentation you provide, this may include additional personal identifiers (driver’s license, state identification card, passport, permanent resident card).
As an applicant, Best Cigar shares your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Within Best Cigar: We share your personal information among our human resources department for legitimate business purposes relating to management and assessment of your application. Access to your personal information is limited to those on a need to know basis.
- For legal purposes: We will share your personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations.
- During a corporate reorganization: In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, we would share your personal information. We will also share your personal information if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
- With service providers: In the preceding twelve (12) months, Best Cigar has shared your personal identifiers and professional or employment information with service providers that assist us in the application process and for other employment purposes. These service providers include our background check provider.
- For a sale: Please note Best Cigar does not sell your personal information.
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect the personal information we collect and store from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. These security measures include access controls and encryption. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice is subject to change at any time. Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page and will indicate the date the changes go into effect. If we make any changes that materially affect your privacy rights, we will announce those changes by email@example.com and obtain your consent, if required.
For questions on this Privacy Notice, please contact Best Cigar at firstname.lastname@example.org.